July 13, 2021
Important Tips to Be Safe & Comfortable in a Hot Corpus Christi Summer
We know how a Corpus Christi summer can be a scorcher, and it’s difficult to keep cool throughout the hottest months. Here are some ways to stay cool during these hot days from the Corpus Christi cooling experts at Tiger Heating & Air.
This post is for homeowners who are looking for ways to stay cool during a heatwave. We’ll cover topics like how to keep your house cooler, what clothes you should wear and even suggestions on what to eat.
8 Steps to Stay Cool
- Drink water: Dehydration can make you feel worse in the heat. So drink lots of water!
- Wear light clothing: Light colors will reflect heat away from your body and dark colors absorb it instead. Keep the fabrics thin or loose for maximum breathability as well.
- Stay out of direct sunlight, especially during the peak hours between 10am to 4pm. If you must be outside, wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- Set your thermostat temperature to between 74 – 78 degrees when you’re home and awake. Then set it to be just up a couple degrees when you’re sleeping. Program the temperature to raise to about 86 during the hours no one is home.
- Keep your home as cool as possible with window shades and fans to circulate air. While it might seem like an energy-saving tool to shut vents to rooms not in great use, be careful not to shut too many. Your home’s entire cooling system was designed to work with the vents open and shutting too many could disrupt the airflow and even damage your home’s air conditioning units.
- Eat cold foods and drink cold drinks (especially water – see tip #1). Cold food and beverages can help cool down your body.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol which can dehydrate you.
- Take a cool shower or bath. It’s become trendy to take cold showers, as people claim it helps your mental and physical health. A hot Texas summer may be the perfect time to try out cold showers yourself!
We hope this article has been helpful in providing you with some tips and tricks to stay cool during a heatwave. If your AC breaks down, don’t panic! You can call Tiger Heating & Air for emergency AC repair service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Remember to schedule your annual AC maintenance checks early in the year before it turns hot. It will save both time and money by preventing a later AC repair emergency.
Broken AC? Call on Tiger for Repair
Our experts are ready to provide the best customer service possible so give us a call today if you need help staying cool. Our team of experts will be happy to help fix the problem quickly.
And if you’re in the market for air conditioning installation services, we can help.
We know how important it is to keep you and your family safe and comfortable during a heatwave! When you need air conditioning repair, give Tiger a call at 361-852-4450.